Northeast Florida - Cooler in Summer- HOT Investment
The following is copyrighted by Barbara Jenness. Do not use without permission.
Why Invest in Northeast Florida?
As I get asked this same question frequently and I love answering it, I thought I would share this information with all. See if you agree with the following statements.
1. Many people relocate to Florida everyday.
2. Some relocate here by choice (e.g., retirees, life decision, family) and some are relocated here by their businesses.
3. St. Augustine is our nation's oldest city and is a major tourist attraction for Floridians, International travelers, and people throughout the U.S.
4. Northeast Florida is cooler in the summer than south Florida.
5. Our "high" season is the summer months.
Why is this good for you, the investor?
Well, if you are like others who are tired of the cold, but not ready to move down here full-time, you probably want to visit in the winter, right? But, then when you are not visiting your second home, you wish to have it rent it out. Well, if you invest in South Florida, their "high" season is the winter. Meaning, you'd probably only use your investment in the hot, off-season summer. I predict this is not when you'd like to be in Florida.
BUT, if you have an investment or second home in Northeast Florida, you could enjoy it in the winter (plenty of golf, tennis, culture, bird-watching, hiking, walking on the beach, boating, fishing, etc. to go around) and rent it during our high season. Make sense (cents?) to you?
DON'T MISS A NEW LISTING AGAIN!
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES